Being Thursday and a fan of Thursday 13, I figured I might post my very own list:
13 Things I like doing while reading (in no particular order):
- Drinking tea: I got into tea some 5 years ago while studying in Norway, and now that I live in England my fandom of tea has only increased. A lot of times, I will grab a book so that I have something to do while drinking my tea (usually an Earl Grey special).
- Pretending I forgot about house chores
- Eating raisins: raisins are my snack of choice while reading, sweet, not dripping, not melting and quite affordable.
- Commuting: reading is definitely the best way to make commuting time interesting.
- researching the book and the author in Wikipedia.
- Watching television: I am one of those people who need to be doing two or three things ate the same time or I will get bored, so I usually watch telly and read at the same time.
- Listening to music: same reason as above. Most times it’s the Top 40.
- Playing with my hair.
- Being in bed: best way to end the day is with a good book (actually, make that second best )
- Being in the park: nature and books together, a great combination, as longs as it doesn’t start raining, in which case…
- Listening to the rain: only if I am indoors.
- Ignoring my husband: especially when he decides to start quoting the film we are watching.
- Reading the last few pages of the book to see how it ends when I’ve only read about a quarter of it.
There you go. My first Thursday 13. Don’t forget to visit the website and see what other bloggers are writing about.